WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
How We Protect Data
We’re committed to keeping your shopping experience secure and safe.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information.
All traffic is routed through a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
To clear your cookies, navigate to your browser’s settings. Here are specific instructions for the top browsers JWStuff’s customers use:
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
How We Use It
For starters – we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Any of the information we do collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. Opting-in for marketing emails is separate and occurs via the newsletter signup page or during the user account setup process. You can opt out at any time.
Targeted ads help to control our marketing expenses and allow us to continually focus on providing outstanding value for the parts and accessories you are looking to purchase.
- An advertisement that features a product you were previously looking at on the site.
- An image advertisement highlights an interior sale to you a few days after you were browsing interior items.
- You see ads for the vehicle you actually own.
- You can learn about product discounts and website sales faster.
- You may become aware of complimentary products to improve your build.
Opting Out of Targeted Ads
The majority of users surveyed prefer targeted ads, but if you don’t, no problem. Typically, the fastest way to opt out of our tailored ads is by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance. The previous link allows you to control the collection and use of web viewing data for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses on your browser, by some or all of the participating companies.
If you would rather opt out of tailored advertisements, including retargeting ads, at the advertisers’ websites, see the following:
Most browsers, like Chrome and Safari, offer you the ability to browse websites privately. In this mode, the browsers won’t save your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms. Downloaded files and bookmarks can still be kept but keep in mind that your activity isn’t hidden from entities like your employer, school or internet service provider if you are on their network.
Here are specific instructions for the top browsers JWStuff’s customers use to enable private browsing:
For private viewing in other browsers, please consult your web browser’s website for instructions. If none exist, please consider installing one of the browsers listed above.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance is designed to protect businesses and their customers against payment card theft and fraud. If a business accepts, stores or transmits card data, PCI DSS compliance validation is required by card brands such as Visa, MasterCard and Discover. It consists of common sense steps that mirror best security practices. JWStuff is certified as PCI compliant through a third-party compliance validation solution.
Data Portability/Opt-Out Instructions
For users who would like to receive a copy of the personal data that has been previously supplied to us, please make a request to [email protected] For instructions on how to opt-out of targeted ads, please see the ‘Opting Out of Targeted Ads’ section in this document. To browse the website without your browser saving cookies or your history, please see the Private Browsing section of this page.
Disclosing Information to Outside Parties
As stated before – we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
PostNet Suite 187
Private Bag X4
+27 72 728 4338