Soar to new levels of quadcopter sophistication when you fly the DJI Inspire 2 drone. This drone is fast, highly manoeuvrable, precise, and more powerful than its predecessors.
The DJI Inspire 2 gains strength from a high-quality magnesium-aluminium body and carbon fiber arms. These materials are not only durable but also attractive, with a totally modern high-tech aesthetic.
The DJI Inspire 2 flying platform becomes an extremely capable flying camera when you equip it with the compatible camera that works best for your particular needs. Professional-grade aerial video and aerial photography are at your command.
Depending on your choice, you’ll be able to shoot 5.2K cinematic-quality video or 4K video, and highly detailed 20.8MP stills. And with optional licensing from DJI, available through DroneNerds.com, you’ll get the most from your video with editing through DNG RAW or Apple ProRes.
Here are just some technical highlights of the DJI Inspire 2 drone:
- Standard FPV camera for pilot
- Accommodation for removable gimbals and cameras
- Built-in CineCore processing for higher-quality video and stills
- Simultaneous recording on microSD and CineCore storage cards
- Redundant sensors for maximum reliability
- 7 kilometer range
- Flight time up to 27 minutes
- 94 km per hour top speed
- 0-80 km/h in 4 seconds
- Compatibility with DJI Zenmuse X7, X4S fixed-lens camera and X5S interchangeable lens camera
- 5.2K video with optional equipment
- Shooting modes that lock onto your subject and make it easier to generate creative aerial video when flying solo
- Available master-slave controllers, for pilot and videographer
The DJI Inpire 2 Drone Offers Superior Reliability from Redundant Sensors
DJI doesn’t build its drones to fail, but if a sensor does go south, your job will continue to completion — successfully. The DJI Inspire 2 drone benefits from both GPS and GLONASS, so if one system becomes unavailable, the other should see you through. There are redundant compasses and IMUs, and dual sensors forward, overhead and below.
If a battery fails, DJI Inspire 2 drone returns home safely on the other battery. It will accurately return to its shooting position after you swap out fresh batteries — and you can hot swap, which saves time.
Lightbridge: Long Range, Dependability
Video transmission is through DJI’s Lightbridge program. It has a range of 7 kms. And it has two frequencies — 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz. If the Inspire 2 drone detects interference on one frequency, it automatically switches to the other. That keeps your streamed video constant and sharp.
You work to make sure nothing gets in the way of your career, or of an important assignment, so it’s only appropriate that nothings gets in the way of your Inspire 2, either.
Inspire 2 can sense obstacles a far away as 94 feet, even when it flies as fast as 55 km/h. It will sense and avoid obstacles whether you are at the controls, you use Tap Fly, or Return to Home is activated.
Flying indoors? Sensors detect overhead objects as a far away as 5 meters, and objects in front as close as 2 feet.
With ActiveTrack, the Inspire can recognize and follow its subject. But what if the subject is walking uneven terrain — along a trail, or up and downstairs? Inspire 2’s bottom sensors help it recognize changes in terrain. It will follow along just as it’s supposed to, maintaining a uniform height off the ground.
Four 15-inch propellers — the huge props generate gobs of thrust — can accelerate the Inspire 2 from 0 to 80 km/h in just 4 seconds. Your equipment van won’t come close.
Filming a chase scene? The crooks will outrun the cops before they escape the DJI Inspire 2 drone, which can hit 94 km/h and manoeuvre to follow their every turn. After all, it will lock onto them. Want to get that elevated shot fast? Inspire 2 can climb at 19.7 feet per second. Go ahead and yell “Close up!” Inspire 2 can descend at a breath-taking 29 feet per second. You won’t miss a single, valuable high-def frame of action.
Return to Home
Return to Home is engineered to get your drone back safely to you if a signal is lost or power becomes unacceptably low. Return to Home is smart. Return to Home is safe. Return to Home is insurance on your investment.
Here’s how it works: The DJI Inspire 2 drone creates a real-time map of the route you direct it to take. That’s part of what the vision sensors do. If Return to Home is activated automatically, the Inspire 2 goes to its memory of the route — the safe, obstacle-free route it just took — and follows it home.
If the signal is restored, the DJI Inspire 2 drone flies home on a straight line, automatically avoiding obstacles in its path.
Live TV from the DJI Inspire 2 Drone
For a TV crew using an Inspire 2, transmitting images live for a real-time television broadcast is quite simple. The 1080i50 or 780p60 video streamed from the Inspire 2 can go straight into living rooms. Just connect the Inspire 2 remote controller to the satellite truck. With a satellite link, the signal can be sent instantly anywhere in the world.
TapFly Frees Your Hands
With TapFly, you can touch an area of the FPV screen and the Inspire 2 will follow the route you designate. That frees the pilot’s hands from commanding the drone. It lets the pilot concentrate on aerial imaging. TapFly lets you pay attention to gimbal movement, not the flight route.
The DJI Inspire 2 drone produces quality video and stills with either of two cameras available through DroneNeds.com. Both are stabilized by DJI’s motorized, nearly silent 3-axis gimbal. Their performance is elevated by a DJI CineCore processor, which is built into the DJI Inspire 2 itself.
- The DJI Zenmuse X7 camera is a compact Super 35 camera with an integrated gimbal made for high-end filmmaking that delivers stunning resolution and image quality. Its compatibility with the Inspire 2 offers the best in next-level professional aerial cinematography. A 24 MP CMOS sensor rated at 14 stops of dynamic range preserves astonishing detail and offers both 6K CinemaDNG and 5.2K Apple ProRes* with support for continuous RAW burst shooting at 20 fps and 24 MP stills.
- The X4S has a DJI fixed lens with rapid autofocus. It shoots 4K video at 60fps, which also allows quality slow motion, and H.264 and H.265 at 100Mbs. The stunning 20.8MP stills are distortion-free because the X4S has a leaf shutter, which prevents rolling distortion on even the fastest action— action by your subject or by your drone. Shoot stills in either DNG or JPEG formats, in rapid 14fps bursts.
- The DJI X5S camera is even more capable. It accepts interchangeable lenses, ranging from a wide angle 18 mm equivalent in 35mm format, to a 90 mm equivalent telephoto lens for tighter shots. CineCore 2 processing, which is built into the Inspire 2 body, allows the X5S to shoot cinematic-quality 5.2K video at 30fps. It shoots 4K video at 60fps. Stills are recorded at 20.8MP, and they are shot in mind-boggling 20 fps bursts.
Although the gimbal and camera can be removed from the DJI Inspire 2 drone, no Osmo Handheld System for the X5S camera is yet available. It’s coming, however, so stay tuned. Until that time, you can handhold the DJI Inspire 2 drone for ground video, relying on its gimbal to smooth your hand and body movements from the video. The Inspire 2 weighs about 7.6 pounds.
Shooting Modes: Like Having Extra Hands
- ActiveTrack lets you lock onto your subject, but shooting modes in the DJI Inspire 2 drone let you get sophisticated video and stills even if you don’t have a dedicated camera operator.
- Quick Mode locks onto and begins following the subject immediately.
- Composition Mode memorizes the subject, then begins tracking the subject when it enters a certain area, needing only your command. The gimbal settings can be changed for creative shots.
- Point of Interest lets you lock on a subject and circle it, recording as you go.
- With Waypoints, you can fly a route and mark certain spots, and the drone will automatically fly the route, stop where you told it to, and record, then hover or return home — your choice.
- Spotlight keeps an object in the frame as you maneuver your DJI Inspire 2 drone for creative angles. Climb, dive, circle, hover — with Spotlight, your subject remains in your images.
Add a Controller for Your Videographer
Control does take a leap higher with a second remote controller. Operating remote controllers in a master-slave arrangement, the pilot flies off the video streamed from the built-in FPV camera, while the camera operator sees what the video camera sees. The videographer controls the camera, concentrating on aerial imaging. The two controllers can be as far apart as 328 feet. Multiple slaves can be linked.
Available DJI Inspire 2 Packages
Inspire 2 Standard
Featuring a 1-inch sensor and compact design, the Zenmuse X4S makes it easy to capture visually stunning images with the Inspire 2 and the CineCore 2.0 image processing system.
Inspire 2 Professional
The Zenmuse X5S has an upgraded M4/3 sensor that shoots 20.8 MP photos and Apple ProRes video at up to 5.2K. Compared to previous DJI gimbal cameras, the X5S delivers a better signal-to-noise ratio and a dynamic range of up to 12.8 stops. With the Cendence remote controller and ultra-bright CrystalSky monitor, the Inspire 2 Professional Combo sets a new standard for aerial imaging, providing more creative possibilities.
Inspire 2 Premium
The Premium Combo unleashes the full potential of the Zenmuse X5S camera, which records 5.2K CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes video. Two DJI CINESSDs included in the combo provide enough ample storage for professional cinematography. Also, the Cendence remote controller supports Dual-Operator mode, and the CrystalSky monitor helps professionals see their shot clearly, even in bright sunlight. This combo is perfect for professional filmmaking and post-production.
Inspire 2 Cinema Premium
To meet the highest professional filmmaking standards, the Zenmuse X7 uses an S35 image sensor, offering 6K CinemaDNG RAW and a wide dynamic range of up to 14 stops. The X7 also introduces the DL-Mount, the world’s first integrated aerial lens mount that allows for switching between four available prime lenses quickly and easily. With five 480 GB CINESSDs, eight Intelligent Flight Batteries for extended flight time, and the powerful combination of Cendence and CrystalSky, the Inspire 2 Cinema Premium Combo is all you need for masterful aerial cinematography.
*Note the DJI Inspire 2 drone does NOT come with a Camera*
Read More: https://www.dji.com/inspire-2